高层晚宴 —— 纪念中美运输合作三十周年
Strengthening the US-China supply chain, Working in partnership towards recovery
Date: Sept. 10-11, 2009 Location: Shanghai North Bund, China
In 2007 when the first Sino-American Logistics Conference was held in Beijing, the global economy was booming and the challenge then was building capacity to deal with the ever increasing volume of goods moving between the two countries.
The current challenge is very different. The manufacturing sectors, distribution, warehousing industries and every mode of transportation are experiencing major declines. In this economic downturn the entire supply chain on both sides of the ocean has been impacted. Both government and industry need to take a proactive role taking cost and inefficiencies out of the system, from source to consumer.
This is a critical time for US and China to come together at the 2009 Sino-American Logistics Conference in Shanghai, China on September 10-11 to build partnerships strengthening this vital supply chain.
The 2009 Sino-American Logistics Conference (SALCE) will bring senior government officials and industry leaders together for 2 days to participate in high-level dialogues, share strategies and discuss pressing issues leading to economic recovery.
American Society of Transportation and Logistics (ASTL),
China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT),
China Communications and Transportation Association (CCTA),
China International Talent Exchange Foundation (CITEF)
- Strengthening the global supply chain – policies to strengthen US-China cooperation to help recover from the economic storm
- What opportunities are offered to foreign companies in Chinese government’s economic stimulus package and Sino-US cooperation opportunities in transportation infrastructure development
- End-to-end US-China supply chain integration and how to use supply chain management tools to help it deal with the economic down turn
- What takes to build an internationally competitive logistics company and what makes them competitive?
- Intermodal transportation, Dangerous goods logistics, cold chain logistics
- Discussion on traffic control, cargo management, emergent planning for Shanghai 2010 World Expo
Gala Dinner – Celebration of 30 years’ Sino-US transportation cooperation
For more information regarding the conference, please contact ASTL-China at: